Looking for educational way to keep your middle schooler busy over Xmas break. Check out these apps that your middle schoolers will not only love but also learn from.
- Word Joust: Students can go on knightly quests, do battle with trolls, and learn vocabulary words to win points. Kids can compare their performance with classmates.
- BrainPop- Watch an educational movie on various humanities and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects and then take quizzes them to see how much you learned. BrainPOP Jr. is also available for younger students.
- Frog Dissection- Students can do a virtual dissection of an amphibian to learn about its parts and their functions.
- Desmos- a super fast online calculator that can graph any function. It also allows you to add sliders, do regressions and plot whole data tables. It makes complex math fun, interactive, and accessible.
- InstaGrok- search engine that generates a web of related videos, images, articles and terms based on students? queries. Students can also use it to evaluate sources and quiz themselves on specific topics. It is an excellent tool for research.
- Duolingo- Learn a new foreign language using an intuitive, step by step learning progression that leads speakers through the basics of the language while gently challenging them and explaining key grammatical concepts.