As the school year approaches, we wanted to provide some homeschooling resources in case your family has decided to pursue homeschooling as an option. Why would a tutor be helpful if you are pursuing homeschooling? Although some of these programs have all the materials to learn, our credentialed teachers can help teach the material and also design additional, supplemental lessons to make the material more accessible and interesting to your child.
Homeschooling can also be rough for working parents or even parents that are at home. A few hours of tutoring can greatly alleviate the stress of the parent who may be the sole teacher. Recently, Beach Cities Tutoring has hired many highly qualified tutors with daytime availability to serve you during normal school hours. As a parent, we also know that researching the right program can be very time consuming. We hope the resources below will be helpful in your search for the right program.
Please inquire for more information if you are interested. The below school programs are some of the better ones that I have found.
1. American School: American School offers accredited high school courses and diploma programs at a cost students and parents can afford. Students may work toward their diplomas in the General High School Program or College Preparatory Program, both of which contain 18 units of credit, or they may take individual online or paper-based courses for enrichment. ?http://www.americanschoolofcorr.com/
2. Time for Learning: ?This is an online homeschool curriculum for preschool to twelfth. In addition it provides an automated system that grades lessons, tracks progress and keeps reports for homeschool portfolios. There is no contract and the prices are pretty low. ?http://www.time4learning.co
3. ?Connections Academy: This is a tuition free, virtual K-12 public schools and a national affordable virtual private school. ??http://www.connectionsacademy.com
4. K12:?? This award-winning K12 curriculum is individualized to give every child the chance to reach his or her potential. In addition it’s flexible, to meet the unique challenges families face. Every subject is delivered online–complete with hands-on activities, all the books and learning materials you need, plus optional support from expert teachers. The best part is it is also tuition free. ??http://www.k12.com
5. International Virtual Learning Academy: This is a fully accredited diploma program for grades K-12. It is affordable and uses highly qualified teachers. Programs include –Secular and Christian Curriculum, Honors Courses, Career & Technical Education Programs, ACT/SAT Prep, Rosetta Stone & common core & non-common core. Choices include: Plato Courseware, GradPoint, Apex Learning, A+ Courseware, Odysseyware, Christian Ignitia, and now, offering Study Island a fun way to practice & review everyday lessons in Math and Language Arts.?https://www.internationalvla.com/
6. Laural Springs: Laurel Springs offers elementary, middle and high school education through ? ? ? ? ? online ?learning that includes project based learning. You can also order physical textbooks. This is an accredited school and the students will earn a transferable diploma. Their teachers grade the material, but a tutor is helpful in regards to teaching the material. ?http://laurelsprings.com/
Christian Based Homeschooling Programs
1. A Beka Book: This curriculum offers a firm foundation in the Bible as well asreading, English, history, math, science, and health. This program uses a spiral cucrriculm in which basic concepts are reinforced and built upon in every grade to help your child retain information he has learned. A Beka Bookwas first created 30 years ago and remains one of the top resources for Christian homeschooling internationally. ?http://www.abeka.com
2. NFC Academy: This program combines over 40 years of experience in Christian education with technology, offering a complete program of virtual Christian education, lesson plans, instant grading, and experienced, certified teachers working with home school families. ?https://www.nflcacademy.com
3. ?Enlightium Christian Academy: This program is highly recommended if you are interested in an accredited online private school with a Christian basis for grades 3-12. Tuition is affordable, starting at $75 a month and is customized to meet your budget. ?http://www.enlightiumacademy.com/
Homeschool Educational Products
1. Educents: ? This site has huge discounts on educational products from software, ebooks, learning tools and toys, and educational curriculum material for all subjects. ?http://www.educents.com