What better time to help your son or daughter create some beneficial habits for the New Year?! Here are some New Year?s Resolutions that you could suggest for your children and teens to adopt.
- Stop procrastinating! This will not only help your students grades and help them retain the material but it will also help them to feel less stress and sleep more as they will not have to cram for tests and projects.
- Commit yourself to getting good grades. Unless you are a top notch athlete this is absolutely necessary to get into a good college.
- Don?t do it all! It?s better to focus on a few activities/sports verses joining 10 clubs and only being a little involved with each of them. Colleges want to see your commitment to something.
- Keep a calendar with all your important dates for projects, tests, essays, college application dates, standardized testing dates.
- Take standardized tests early and use tutoring to prep. This will allow you to do your very best and retake the test if necessary.
- Research your college choice carefully whether you visit in person or do web research.
- Try new things in high school such as an internship, travel opportunity or hobby.