I know what you are thinking! It feels like summer just started, but back to school is just around the corner. Below are some tips for a smooth transition back to school.
Beach Cities Tutoring would like to welcome:
Manhattan Beach Unified ? First Day is August 26th
Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District-First Day is August 19th
Redondo Beach Unified School District- First Day back is August 27th
The start of the school year can be quite hectic, but getting organized prior to the start of school as well as arranging tutoring prior to your child struggling in his/her classes can ease a lot of stress!
1) Begin easing into morning wake up times and fall bedtimes within the last two weeks of school so your children?s bodies have time to adjust and get accustomed to waking up earlier and going to bed earlier.
2) Create a family calendar with school events, after school activities, and family events in order to be able to plan proper time for homework and/or tutoring. Hang the calendar or whiteboard calendar in a place visible to the whole family such as the kitchen.
3) Plan before you go school shopping and write a list of what your children need most. Shop early to avoid long lines and catch back to school sales.
4) Prepare at night to avoid being late in the morning such as making lunches and setting out what your children will wear the next day.
5) Arrange car pools and/or make sure your children take a test run to school if they are walking so they know how long to leave in order to arrive on time.
6) Create a menu for the week so food shopping is easier.
7) Create a filing system for when your child starts bringing home lots of papers.
If you found the tips above to be helpful, you can learn more in The Complete Idiot?s Guide to Getting Organized by Cynthia Ewer.