With the new Common Core standards, educational apps will be more assessable as most schools are required to supply students with some form of computer whether it be an ipad, google chromebook , laptop etc. After reviewing some of the most useful apps, I believe that these are some of the most useful.
1. NMH F– USE Algebra 1- This Common Core edition allows students to use video tutorials, MathMotion step-by-step examples, homework help, quizzes, tips, hints, and many other integrated features to teach, review, and assess all concepts. It is compatible with iPad and Android devices. It is free and includes the following features: scratch pad for work, student response system clickers, graphing calculator,
[Android] May soon be available. Keep checking the HMH F– USE website:?http://www.hmhco.com/shop/education-curriculum/math/secondary-mathematics/hmh-fuse/android#sthash.Pii6OFSH.dpbs
2. PBS Parents Play & Learn HD– this app provides dozens of games parent can play with their kids each themed around a different location, including a grocery store, home, in the kitchen and more. This app is bilingual and interactive. It connects math and literacy skills with everyday experiences. It is compatible with iPad and Android 2.2 and up. It is free and features 13 interactive games, parent notes for each game, as well as 52 easy hands on activities. All activites are completely bilingual for Spanish and English speakers.
3. School Fuel- This app allows teachers to provide customized app libraries aligned to the Common Core. It is compatible for ipad and requires Android 3.0. It?s free and compatible with ipads and Android
4. ?See. Touch. Learn– This app is perfedt for students with autism and other special needs. It is a picture card learning system that replaces paper flashcards. It?s free and compatible with iPads and Android. It includes a starter set of high-quality images and 60 exercises created by a certified assistant behavior analyst as well as libraries with over 4,400 additional images and lessons available to purchase.
5. SlateMath- This app develops mathematical intuition and skills through playful interaction. Topics are aligned with the Common Core State Standards. SlateMath forms the foundation of numbers, digit writing, counting, addition, order relation, patterns, parity and problem solving. It is compatible with Ipads only.
6. Springpad is a an app that focuses on organization. It allows students to save ideas, notes, checklists, and project tasks. In addition, students can bookmark sites and build personal to do lists with reminder alerts. It is comptabile with iPads and Android 2.2
7. Wonders of the Universe- This app allows students to take a tour of the Universe that includes the moons and planets of the Solar System, local stars and distant galaxies before arriving and even a black hole. This app includes 2 ? hours of BBC videos from Wonders TV as well as 50 3D models of the planets, moons, galaxies, and nebulae. In addition, the app contains over 200 interactive articles about the universe. It is compatible with iPads Link:?[Apple]?https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brian-coxs-wonders-universe/id508465867?mt=8